We’ve lived in Colorado for most of our lives, always in the suburbs of Colorado’s Front Range. The first snow we experienced living in Boulder’s foothills took us by surprise. The weather reports predicted the front range would receive a couple of inches so we thought we would get more, maybe 4 or 5 inches. But it turned out to be a full foot of snow! We were completely caught off guard. Don’t be fooled by the Denver/Boulder weather forecast – it doesn’t necessarily apply to you! Expect more snow because you will probably get it.
Living in Boulder’s Foothills: Snow Removal
There are a few options for snow removal – you can hire someone to come clear your driveway. You can buy a snow blower. You can buy an ATV with a snow blade or if you have a truck, you can attach one to your truck. Having a plan is crucial because you could end up stuck – even with our 4×4 Jeep we could not get out of our steep mountain driveway until we cleared the snow.
We have a snow blower – I would recommend it if your drive isn’t too large. They are efficient and relatively easy to use. If you have a long driveway or have any trouble dealing with large equipment, hiring the work out or investing in an ATV might be a better option. It’s not a bad idea to have gravel or ice melt on hand for inevitable ice.
- Lend a Helping Hand: 5 Local Organizations Making Difference in Our Colorado Communities - July 16, 2019
- 4th of July Celebrations & Events in the Boulder Area - July 1, 2019
- Things to Do in Boulder in July 2019 - June 30, 2019
- Splash Pads, Water Parks, Pools and More in the Boulder Area - June 12, 2019
- 30+ Things to do in Boulder in June 2019 - May 30, 2019
- School’s Out! Things to Do with Kids in Boulder this Summer - May 29, 2019
- Summer Events in the Boulder Area 2019 - May 28, 2019
- Boulder Memorial Day Weekend Guide - May 24, 2019
- Perfect Weekend Getaway: YMCA of the Rockies - May 18, 2019
- Fun Things to Do with Mom for Mother’s Day Weekend 2019 - May 7, 2019