We’ve lived in Colorado for most of our lives, always in the suburbs of Colorado’s Front Range. The first snow we experienced living in Boulder’s foothills took us by surprise. The weather reports predicted the front range would receive a couple of inches so we thought we would get more, maybe 4 or 5 inches. But it turned out to be a full foot of snow! We were completely caught off guard. Don’t be fooled by the Denver/Boulder weather forecast – it doesn’t necessarily apply to you! Expect more snow because you will probably get it.
Living in Boulder’s Foothills: Snow Removal
There are a few options for snow removal – you can hire someone to come clear your driveway. You can buy a snow blower. You can buy an ATV with a snow blade or if you have a truck, you can attach one to your truck. Having a plan is crucial because you could end up stuck – even with our 4×4 Jeep we could not get out of our steep mountain driveway until we cleared the snow.
We have a snow blower – I would recommend it if your drive isn’t too large. They are efficient and relatively easy to use. If you have a long driveway or have any trouble dealing with large equipment, hiring the work out or investing in an ATV might be a better option. It’s not a bad idea to have gravel or ice melt on hand for inevitable ice.
- Local Organizations Helping People in Colorado - December 11, 2018
- Where to Adopt a Dog in Boulder - December 4, 2018
- 50 Things to Do in Boulder in December 2018 - November 29, 2018
- Where to Visit with Santa in the Boulder Area 2018 - November 24, 2018
- Active Events for Thanksgiving - November 20, 2018
- Complete Boulder Holiday Events Guide 2018 - November 19, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide, November 10 – 11, 2018 - November 10, 2018
- Where to Buy Thanksgiving Pie (and Cake!) in the Boulder Area - November 8, 2018
- 20 Reasons I’m Thankful I Live in Colorado - November 6, 2018
- Boulder, CO Indoor Activities: 3 FREE Things to Do With Kids in Boulder this Winter - November 2, 2018