Ahhhhh the first day of SPRING. The days are getting longer and warmer, the birds are singing and there are tiny signs of life popping out of the ground. Here in Boulder, Spring also means crazy wet and heavy snow storms, rising creek waters and outdoor adventures! Here are seven of the MANY reasons why springtime in Boulder is the BEST!
It’s looking like one of those days. Runner Carley Mulder flying on trail. 📷@colotrailrunner . . . . . #firstshot #RunItFast #runners #running #instarunners #run #ultrarunners #trailrunning #trailrunner #irun #runhappy #wearetheruunners #runnerscommunity #runtoinspire #runnerslife #runforlife #loverunning #instarunner #igrunners #runnersworld #seenonmyrun #goatworthy #UnitedOutside #getuptogetdown #boulderco #bouldergov #sunrise #boulder #coloRADo @runwithdon @velostop @devo_nutrition #liveyes
Toss that jacket aside and baske in the warm sunshine!!
#2 Springtime Hiking
Yes, it will snow, but the warm days in between will melt the ice off the trails quickly, allowing for you to get back to your favorite hiking spots.
The mix of sun and storms create the most beautiful rainbows, and sometimes other interesting phenomenons like thunder snow.
In late March and early April, Pearl Street explodes with colorful blooming tulips.
#5 Boulder Events
Springtime in Boulder means the BolderBOULDER, the Boulder Creek Fest, Boulder Arts Week, the Tulip and Fairy Festival and so much more!
Ok, so our love affair with dogs is year-round. But look how cute they are all happy in the sunshine!
#7 Spring Snow
The heavy, wet spring snows melt into bright, green, sunshiny days.
- Boulder Kids Weekend Event Guide: April 21 – 22, 2018 - April 19, 2018
- Colorado’s National Parks – National Park Week - April 18, 2018
- Boulder Area Earth Day Events 2018 - April 15, 2018
- Boulder Kids Long 4-Day Weekend Guide: April 13 – 16, 2018 - April 11, 2018
- 5 Ways to Ready Yourself for Backpacking in Colorado - April 9, 2018
- 10 Can’t Miss Events at CU’s Conference on World Affairs - April 7, 2018
- Kids Weekend Guide: April 7 – 8, 2018 - April 6, 2018
- 10 Places to Explore Dinosaurs and Fossils in Colorado - April 4, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: March 31 – April 1, 2018 - March 30, 2018
- 31 Things to Do in Boulder in April - March 29, 2018