Boulder is a beautiful place to live and work, it seems a shame to spend so many hours indoors! Spending time outdoors in the fresh air and natural light has been proven to reduce stress and improve cognitive function. For me, changing my surroundings can help me feel more creative and energized. Below, I’ve put together a list of my favorite places around Boulder that offer all the benefits of an outdoor escape as well as fast, reliable wireless internet.
Best Places to Work Outdoors in Boulder
I have to choose the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) as #1 because of its amazing location and breathtaking views of both the flatirons and the front range. NCAR offers public wifi and has seating areas both indoors and outdoors and it is absolutely FREE. NCAR is a good distance from any restaurants or coffeehouses, but it does offer a cafeteria that is open weekdays (except holidays) for breakfast, 8:00 am – 9:30 am and lunch, 11:30 – 1:30 pm (Cafeteria accepts only cash).
It’s also the perfect spot to take a break for a short (or long!) hike in the fresh mountain air. NCAR packs the perfect vibe of research and learning, the perfect atmosphere to promote both hard work and reflection.
#2 Pearl Street
The City of Boulder provides a free, reliable high speed wifi internet connection throughout Pearl Street‘s famous walking mall. Bring a blanket and stretch out on the green lawn of the courthouse, or settle down on a comfy bench. Multiple coffee spots to keep you going, and plenty of choices for great food and entertainment when it’s time to take a break. Pearl Street is always a fun spot for people watching and provides a lovely view of the flatirons.
#3 Central Park & Civic Area (Along Boulder Creek Path)
The City offers free outdoor wifi in the downtown Civic Area, an outdoors space that includes plenty of seating as well as large, comfortable green spaces to work. Set yourself up along Boulder Creek or near the public library, either way you will receive strong access to high speed internet while enjoying Boulder’s best outdoor features! Located close to local businesses, you are walking distance from lunch and coffee. Here is a map of the Civic Area’s free wifi zone:
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: June 29 – July 1, 2018 - June 29, 2018
- 4th of July Celebrations & Events in the Boulder Area - June 27, 2018
- 30+ Things to Do in Boulder in July - June 26, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: June 23 – 24, 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Take a Day Trip to Estes Park - June 20, 2018
- 10 Best Things to Do in Longmont - June 18, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: June 16 – 17, 2018 - June 15, 2018
- Celebrate Father’s Day With Dad in the Boulder Area - June 13, 2018
- 10 Best Things to Do in Lyons - June 11, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: June 8 – 10, 2018 - June 7, 2018