With it’s iconic giant giraffe overlooking Highway 36, I don’t know how we waited so long to check out Boulder’s favorite amusement park, Gateway Fun Park. We took the kids to play miniature golf at Gateway last weekend and discovered the park offers two 18-hole mini golf courses, as well as an arcade, bumper cars and so much more! The best part is that although most of the attractions are outdoors, the park is open all year long, so you can take advantage of those warm, sunny days in the winter.
Walking into the park, it is fairly obvious it has been here for a long time. Opened in the 1980s, this park has maintained tons of original features, giving it an eclectic, old school feel that will bring you back to your childhood. And of course the kids love it!
Choose from the Windmill Course or the Castle Course, or play both!!
The park also offers bumper cars, as well as single-seat and double-seat go carts.
Gateway Park houses Boulder’s only batting cages, with a variety of pitch speeds for softball and baseball.
The arcade is filled with different kinds of video and interactive games. Many of the games spit out tickets which can be traded in for fun prizes at the end of your visit. A snack bar is also located inside!
Other activities include a Human Maze, Driving Range and Inline Hockey.
Gateway is offering some winter deals including the Good Weather Days deal: Get Half Off any Individual Attraction. Click here, type in the passcode gateway, and bring it to Gateway Park for great savings.
- Best Places to Take Out of Town Visitors in Boulder - May 21, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: May 19 – 20, 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Things to Do With Mom: Mother’s Day Weekend in the Boulder Area - May 9, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: May 12 – 13, 2018 - May 8, 2018
- Fun, Strange and Interesting Places to Visit in Colorado - May 7, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: May 5 – 6, 2018 - May 4, 2018
- Double the Fun! Boulder Area Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby Parties - May 3, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Guide: April 28 – 29, 2018 - April 27, 2018
- 31 Things to Do in Boulder in May - April 24, 2018
- Boulder Kids Weekend Event Guide: April 21 – 22, 2018 - April 19, 2018